Tuesday, 18 June 2013

The King's Canary

Last Thursday I had a plan for a great night in with one of my best friends, Josh. We were going to cook a delicious meal, watch a movie and have a sleepover. As we were strolling through Fitzrovia, we noticed a crowd of people in the hair salon beneath his flat. And I noticed that there was champagne. Our plan for a quiet night in was soon scuppered as we were ushered in for a drink by Stan and his lovely wife who were celebrating the opening of their awesome new hair salon, The King's Canary.


The King's Canary is the brain child of Stan and his business partner, Gavin, who have set up shop in the heart of the West End. The lovely thing about TKC is the interior; it's a huge white, minimal space with great big windows. You really don't feel like you're in a hair salon.


A few flutes of champagne later, we were somewhat tipsy and I found myself booking in for a cut and blow dry. Getting potential customers drunk is definitely a savvy sales ploy from the guys down at The King's Canary. After taking the party to the local pub and devouring a Dominos, we waved our goodbyes and Stan promised my hair would look Victoria's Secret catwalk-worthy once he was finished with it.

Saturday morning arrived and I strolled down Great Titchfield Street feeling slightly hungover from the night before. I was greeted by a smiley Stan and a large glass of champagne (I sensed a theme here) before he went to work on my tresses.



Now I'm not the kinda high-maintenance gal who gets a weekly blow dry that breaks the piggy bank, but I do love big hair. And big hair is Stan's specialty. I could not have been happier with the finished product.

Skirt & Tee - Zara
Necklace - Tatty Devine
Haircut - The King's Canary


Now this isnt just a blog post for the ladies. TKC also caters for you fellas. What's more, they've got a man-cave area towards the back of the salon complete with cigars and other macho, manly things. And you'll have the pleasure of Stan and Gavin's sarcastic wit and banter whilst you're there.

 

I cannot recommend The King's Canary enough. Thier price list is cheap in comparison to other West End hair salons (I bagged a 25% discount, but even without this a cut and blow won't melt your plastic) and the atmosphere is a million miles away from the stuck-up and pretentious vibe you feel in some central London salons. Think Shoreditch meets the West End and that's The King's Canary.

Click here to visit the website, book online or peruse the price list.

5 comments:

  1. Ahh you look amazing, sounds like a lovely trip with VIP treatment!!

    Katie <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. They did a fab job on your hair Gabby, it looks lovely.

    Lx

    www.whatlisawrote.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair looks absolutely stunning! So thick and wavy *ENVY*

    ReplyDelete